Thursday 27 November 2014

Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser



I have wanted to try Liz Earles Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser for a ridiculously long time now. However even after reading many raving reviews about it I could never quite justify the price tag so just kept it on my lust after list. So lo and behold, I was beyond excited when it turned up in a Birchbox one month and then I was lucky to receive it again my Glamour Beauty Power List 2014 box.  After using both samples I thought I would share a review, so here are my thoughts...
Before I start I just want to share with you all that I HATE flannels/sponges etc. Hence why I’ve not been jumping onto the Hot Cleanser band wagon that I’ve seen so many of my fellow raving about. I just think they harbour germs and are unhygienic! Anyone else feel like this or am I being ridiculously OCD?
This stuff is really easy to apply, the first step is to massage onto dry skin, all over your face and neck. It smells lovely! It’s a gorgeous eucalyptus, citrusy, summer garden scent which is so refreshing. You need to work in circular movements from the centre of your face outwards, gently massaging over the eyelids last so you avoid spreading your eye makeup all over your face. Next you rinse the pure muslin cloth in hand-hot water and wring out before gently wiping off the cream. You then rinse and repeat, using a clean section of the cloth for each bit of your face.
As you can imagine the cloth gets coated in mascara – they do recommend keeping your cloths fresh and cleaning by placing in a 30 degree white wash every few days and allow them to dry naturally. I’m going to assume that if you buy a full size product it would come with more than one cloth?! Therefore if that’s the case I can bypass my hygiene issues around it! – I sound neurotic, I promise I not!
In terms of results, it removes all traces of makeup without you having to properly scrub like you do with some products! Even after the first use my skin felt a hell of a lot smoother, cleaner and fresher! My skin feels really hydrated and I can see why it’s so popular!
For £24.75 which gives you 200ml, it’s a bit out of my price range but it has improved my skin so I have been impressed. It’s a little out of my price range but I think I will be adding it to my Christmas wish list and see if anyone treats me to it!

5 comments:

  1. I've liked it when I've tried it and I feel the same re the cost and flannels x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried this but I do adore hot cloth cleansers, on the flannel front i put mine in the washing machine everyday but I do get paranoid too xxx


    BlondeOfCarbs

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is something I've wanted to try for so long. I've never been lucky enough to pick it up in a beauty box and it's not stocked in any stores near me. I think its definitely one I'm going to have to pick up online soon x

    Kate | A British Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my all time favourite cleansers, I usually use one muslin cloth each day and put them on a boil wash so they stay clean x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've wanted to try this for ages but cant seem to justify the price tag despite reading not one single bad review about this! Oh well, perhaps I will treat myself some time :) x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments, would love to hear your views....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...