Sunday 30 November 2014

MAC Retro Matte Lipstick in All Fired Up

 


MAC is a funny brand, people seem to either love it or hate it. I am quite happy to state that I am a fan, I have been using their eye shadows for years and am yet to find anything that matches there staying power and finish. I have also recently become a little hooked on their lip glass glosses and their infamous lipsticks.

Due to this naughty habit I can no longer walk pasta MAC store without purchasing. So when visiting my sister last in London, I couldn’t resist popping into their Covent Garden store and ended up treating myself to their Retro Matte Lipstick in All Fired Up. If you pop by this blog regularly you will know that I can’t resist a bright pink lip!
This is such a gorgeous lipstick! It's a very beautiful bright dark pink-red with blueish tones that looks so vivid and pretty. This is a great night-time color but I feel you can really pull this off in daytime as well.
The color leaves a stain so it survives eating and drinking pretty well. Since it is a retro matte formula, this color lasts the whole day, I usually get about a 6-hour wear of this lipstick without any touch ups which is pretty amazing. I’ve had no issues with smudging either and it’s got awesome staying power! The wear is great even when paired with a gloss.
I know a lot of people complain about Matte Lipsticks as they can be quite drying, I’ve had no issues at all with this lipstick and think it has quite a smooth finish, although if you have dry lips already I’m not sure I’d recommend it as it would probably highlight any imperfections. I exfoliate and moisturize my lips religiously so I wouldn't expect that to be an issue with most lipsticks.
Highly recommend this lip color as its high quality and I think it would suit most skin tones! At £15.50 it’s not cheap but this is definitely a classic lipstick that I know I’ll be repurchasing when I run out!
Are you a lover of MAC? If so what’s your favorite product of theirs?

4 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty colour on you. ^_^
    I love the look of MAC lipsticks, but I don't wear lipstick enough to part with the cash (probably good for my bank account). They do look incredible though. :)

    Juyey xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried a MAC lipstick before. I has the displeasure of picking up 3 that ended up being fakes and totally not useable. Hopefully one day I get to pick up a lipstick. This shade is beautiful x

    Kate | A British Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really don't mind mac being drying sometimes as I love a matte lippy and this is gorge xxx

    Blonde Of Carbs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't believe they're £15.50 now didn't get the memo they'd gone up by 50p AGAIN!! (ridiculous lol)
    BUT this colour is gorgeous - I'm now stuck between this and Ruby Woo as I really want a matte red from Mac!

    Kat x
    KatHorrocks.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments, would love to hear your views....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...