Thursday 21 August 2014

Nails // DIY Glitter Tips


 
For someone who is obsessed with painting her nails, mainly because it stops me from biting them, I am pretty unadventurous. This makes me feel a bit ashamed really when there are so many cool nail art products out there, I think I worry they will look awful and tacky.
However this week I decided to be a little creative and decided to attempt doing my own glitter tips. For the base colour I used Models Own Hyper Gel Polish in Lilac Sheen, this is one of my favorite colours this summer and has become my go to nail colour. I put on two coats of this polish and let it dry.
When it was fully dry I used a sponge makeup brush (you can pick these pretty cheap in places like Superdrug) to dab on the glitter. For my glitter polish I used another Models Own polish in Southern Lights. It’s quite a fine glitter and very pretty and colour so I thought it would complement the lilac. I just dabbed the glitter to the tips of my nails but if you wanted you could easily do more or make patterns.
I am pretty impressed with my handy work and have had some lovely compliments. I think next time I am going to use the same technique and attempt ombre nails!


3 comments:

  1. These look really gorgeous!!! I am useless at nail art but want to get better at just painting them haha xx

    Blonde of carbs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, might have to give it a try :)

    ems-22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so pretty, I love the lilac colour! I don't actually own any models own varnishes!

    India / Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments, would love to hear your views....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...