Saturday 9 November 2013

The Skint Diaries #1


 
Ok so we are 3 weeks away from pay day and I am royally skint! Due to a very expensive first week of November which has involved booking a holiday, a flight to Thailand and a broken car. Yes, I know I’ve been naughty there too – I am too impulsive and have no will power!
I have always been terrible with money, it burns a whole in my pocket. I moved back in with my parents to save and have failed miserable so far. Now I have reached an all time low though and really need to turn things around! I waste so much money on things I don’t actually need, so time to change my ways!
Being a complete idiot and not reigning in my spontaneous side, I’m now left with a grand total of £52 in my bank. Bearing in mind I go through a tank of petrol a week at £60 a go, I’ve left myself well and truly screwed.
So attempting to find a positive somewhere in this mess I am going to find (legal) ways to earn a quick buck, and thought I would share it with you lovely lot. Hopefully by sharing, it will keep me on track.
So my initial plans involve emptying my penny jar, doing a blog sale, putting anything that’s not stuck down on eBay and getting rid of old CD’s and music magpie. If you have any other suggestions please let me know! I am to all legal/sensible ways of raising funds.
I’m also not going to spend any money unless it’s a necessity. So each week till the end of the month, I will share with you how I’m getting on and what money I’ve spent as well as made. Hopefully this will keep me on the straight and narrow and motivate me!
p.s. I’ve just taken my penny jar down to the coin machine in ASDA, £25.66 made!

19 comments:

  1. Oh dear I'm in the same position as you at the moment! You could always try your luck with a scratch card?? I have tagged you to take part in the Confessions of a Blogger tag, all the questions are in my latest blog post! xx

    kittensintophats.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I don't have a spare pound for a scratch card! Oooh thanks hun will take a look now xx

      Delete
  2. I always try and enter as many free competitions as possible. Even if you don't want the prize, if you win you can always sell it on and all you have to pay is the postage. I've mad about £60 selling on competition prizes
    Cxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea, will try it out this week and let you know how I get on!! Im not the luckiest person tho, but at least it will keep me occupied and not spending! xx

      Delete
  3. Google my survey, It's a website that links to lots of other websites, all you have to do is fill out surveys and you get money, it takes some time but it is a good idea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friend suggested this too, will have to look into it! will let you know if I give it a try! xx

      Delete
  4. i'm literally in the same position as you!! spending caught up and my pay day is too far away. good luck :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also, don't use makeup magpie! You only get 30p per cd!! It might be worth trying to sell them for more on eBay first xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the heads up! Im going to put some on ebay first and see how I get on. If they don't go then I might look at music magpie :) xx

      Delete
  6. im in the same position hun! ive had to give my job of 3 weeks after a year of no work, down to health problems. i currently have a tenner to my name! ebay is a god send, as is counting up your pennys, entering competitions is another good one. i cant wait to see what you find!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, its rubbish isn't it! I will keep you updated hun :) xx

      Delete
  7. That pretty much my position every week :( I get paid, and the very next day I am back to where I started ...I always end up borrowing off my parents and now I have developed a hefty debt.. not fun times..
    Maybe try going into hibernation for 3 weeks? Works for me..Or that Ebay thing sounds like a good idea, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I feel like its a forced hibernation as cant afford to do anything! Ive started putting things on ebay and im doing a blog sale so fingers crossed! xx

      Delete
  8. Money is just so tight at the moment for everyone, we all seem to be struggling. Good luck with selling things etc, make sure and charge the correct amount in postal charges as wouldn't want you to be out of pocket that way. xx

    CazmosWorld

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its so rubbish isn't it! Yeah ive looked into postage for what im selling, so hopefully will be the right price! xx

      Delete
  9. Going on from the survey way of making money like someone else just mentioned, there's always yougov, it does take a while to get the points but you do get a £50 pay out.

    But yeah, ebay is a god send just be careful when listing stuff, make sure you take into consideration the ebay and paypal (I know in the US it's something like 2.9% of the amount plus 30 cents a transaction for paypal) selling fees alongside how much it costs to mail and shipping supplies or you'll actually end up loosing money. Let me know if you need any more ebay selling tips - I have an ebay store so I'm using it 24/7 or at least it feels like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ive not heard of yougov before, will take a look into it!

      Thanks hun, I may take you up on the ebay tips offer! Think ive got my head around it. The fees do suck!

      xxx

      Delete
  10. Thanks for sending me your link on Twitter! :)
    I can totally relate to this post! And with Christmas up, it's really not looking good. It's always so surprising how much you actually make when you take all your change to the machine though isn't it?! I've got a nice little collection going at the moment. Good look with the saving :) x
    http://teacupsandbluebells.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments, would love to hear your views....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...