HOLY SHIT! I TURN 30 IN 6 MONTHS!!! Waaaaaaah!! This absolutely terrifies me as for numerous reasons. I think this is partly due to the fact I think in my head I’m still 17, I certainly don’t feel mature enough to be nearly 30. 10 years ago if you asked me what I thought I would be doing ten years from now my reply would have been along the lines of ‘be in a job I love, own a house, married with babies’, damn you Disney for making me want the fairy tale! Instead of any of this I’m nearly 30 and live in my parents loft and am in a bit of a rut. I guess I also thought I would have achieved a lot more by now. Don’t me wrong I have no regrets, I don’t believe in them and have had the most awesome experiences, travelled to some incredible places so I really can’t complain. My life is pretty great I just need some changes and new challenges as I’m a bit lost at the moment.
I also better state for the record that I don’t think turning 30 is the end of the world, I fully intend to embrace it, I just want to insert some fun into my life and turn things up a notch!
So for all the reasons above a year ago today (who fast has that gone!) I created a bucket list, a list of 30 things I would love to achieve before I turn 30. It’s a wide variety of things that I have wanted to do for a while but for whatever reason have been a lame ass and haven’t done yet. They are all things that I think will help me make the most of life and make me a better person and I though now would be a good time to give you a little update on how I’ve been getting on...
1. Start dating... my love life is drier than the Sahara desert, mainly due to the fact I don’t put myself out there. – At the beginning of this year my friends staged an intervention here! That’s how lame I have been about it! They signed me up for plenty of fish, and I went on numerous dates which was AWFUL!!! I have no idea how people meet normal men using that site?! So I’ve taken a step back and decided to have a summer of fun and maybe try again in the autumn. You never know I may meet a super hot man between now and then (pretty please?!)
2. Go indoor skydiving. I so nearly did this a while back when I was in Manchester! Sadly there just wasn’t enough time to do it!
4. Say yes more! To any opportunities that come my way. – This is an ongoing one and I think I’ve been embracing it pretty well! It’s a great way to put myself out there more and I have had so much fun doing this!
5. Learn to long board – I have a long board and am working on it! I am a giant wimp and keep jumping off before I think I’m going to fall off! I have zero sense of balance so it’s been fun!
6. Try a roller derby
7. Visit Disney World in Florida. Hmm I think this one will be scooting over to my 40 before 40 list as I have no funds for this at the mo! Or any annual leave left to take it with for that matter!
8. Start a ‘grateful’ diary and record 3 things I am happy for every day. – So I started this one but then kind of failed miserable! I just keep forgetting to do it! It has made me realize how important it is to take a moment every so often to appreciate things a bit more, especially when I’m having a bad day!
9. Buy a house - this may change to just moving out of the parents (again) into any sort of rented accommodation! If only money didn’t have to be an issue!
10. Try Paddle boarding. – I am booked in for a beginner’s lesson in this on Friday!!! Eeeeek!!!
11. Start a successful Etsy Shop – I’ve started this one already but my aim is to make it successful!
12. Write a book – I’ve started writing and I love it, just wish there was hours in a day so I could get more done!
13. Live abroad for a month – I have booked a month off work in November!! I am going to Australia for a friend’s wedding and am spending two weeks with her on the Gold Coast and doing all things wedding and then two weeks travelling around going from Sydney to Melbourne. A month abroad is happening! Whoop!
14. Get down to a clothing size 12 – I have dropped a dress size but still a bit to go before I’m a size 12!
15.Run a 10k – I’ve done a 4k Colour Run, I’m signed up to do a tough mudder in August and then the big one, I’m actually doing a 10k in September!!! Eeeek!!!
16. Do a painting on a canvas – I have bought a canvas and some neon acrylic paints!! I can’t wait to have a play with them. If it looks half decent I might even share the final painting here!
17. Go to a music festival – COMPLETED!! I went to a small festival called Blissfield’s last weekend for a friends hen do! I had the best time and determined to head to a few more next year!
18. Visit Machu Piccu
19. Fall in love and be loved – see no1
20. See the northern lights
21. Visit Ireland – im working hard on this one! I’m hoping to go to Dublin on my 30th birthday weekend with a group of my girls! I am terrible at organizing things but hopefully will manage to pull this off!
22. Try Wakeboarding – I’ve tried it and LOVED it!! I found out a local lake is all set up for wakeboarding and I went along for a lesson and it was so much fun! I’m planning to go a few more times over the summer.
23. Start an art class
24. Learn to Surf – I am going to Cornwall for the August bank holiday weekend with the plan to surf! I am so excited!!!
25. Learn another language
26. Learn the ukulele – there is a local Ukulele group that meets in the local pub, I’ve been to a few sessions now! I am really bad at learning to play but its good fun! I’ve learnt I am just not musical!
27. Figure out some sort of career path and be happy with whatever it may be.
28. Make a drift wood coffee table
29. Read one book every month – I’m on it with this one and really enjoying it! It’s nice to have a bit of me time with a good book and a glass of wine!
30. Go to New Zealand – I AM DOING THIS!!! My friend moved out there last year and has just announced she’s getting married there next year. So 3 weeks off work are booked for next March and I’m going!
I have also a few bonus ones I wanted to add to the list…
31. Sleep in a castle
32. Make a dress from scratch
I am so happy with what I’ve achieved so far and can’t wait to see how many more I can tick off over the next six months! I don’t know if I can or if funds will allow me to achieve all of these but I am definitely going to try my hardest to make this all happen! I will try and do a few blogs to keep you in the loop as I go along with this journey. Wish me luck!!