Lately I’ve been feeling hugely nostalgic, reminiscing about my childhood. I think this all stemmed from a few weeks ago, I went and watched the Big Reunion live with the likes of Five, Blue and B*Witched performing. It took me back to my ore-teens and as a result led to numerous ‘OMG, do you remember…’ conversations! So if you’re a 90’s kid too you may remember a few of these. I thought it would be fun to share what me and my pals came up with. Would love to hear if you can remember anymore, so please leave comments!
1. Shag Bands – those really tacky plastic bracelets that you would wedge 100s of up your arm. If one snapped….. Oooh the implications!
2. Blow up bags, chairs etc. Massive craze for this at one point!
3. You either collected ‘Goosebumps’ or ‘True Romance’ books. I was a ‘True Romance’ girl, I couldn’t even watch the Goosebumps TV show as it used to scare me too much!
4. Pogs and Tazos.
5. Saturday afternoons/evenings sat in front of the TV consisted of Baywatch, Gladiators, Generation Game and Noels House Party. I used to love Noels House Party, Bring it back!!!
6. Penny sweets were actually a penny!
7. Hooch, Bacardi Breezers etc.
8. The Spice Girls were running the world! Girl Power!
9. Everyone knew the dance to the Macarena and Saturday night, even if they won’t admit it!
10. Trolls! I used to have loads of these. I came across one of these the other day and are actually pretty freaky looking. How did we all think they were cute!
11. Saved by the Bell on a Saturday morning. Screech was a legend!
12. Blue Mascara and awful coffee named lipsticks – Just me?!
13. Byker Grove used to be on just as you got home from school.
14. Sing it with me… 0181 811 8181… you couldn’t help yourself could you? The live and kicking phone number! The only way to start your weekend!
15. Jelly Shoes!
They just don’t make childhoods like this anymore!!