Friday 6 September 2013

BOOK CLUB TAKEOVER: Kayla from 'Style and Truth'

Here are my thoughts… I LOVE hearing other people’s views and reviews on pretty much anything especially books! Some of my favourite reads are ones that have been suggested by other people. So thinking along those lines,’ The Book Club Takeover’ was born! Hopefully each week I will bring to you a post from one of my lovely and amazing fellow bloggers who will in turn share with you what their favourite book is, why they love it and a review. I hope you enjoy this feature as much as I do!


My name is Kayla Reid, I run a blog called StyleAndTruth.blogspot.com. My blog is about finding the perfect outfits for work, school, weekends, and just everyday life. I am writing about the everyday trials of the college student in tight money situations. I am also a Zumba instructor and that plays an important role in my life now.



My favorite book is I Am the Messenger by Markus Zusak. I love this book because it really teaches you that the relationships that you have help make you who you are. As far as readability on a scale of 1 to 10, you will not put the book down. The book explores the relationships that we make with people and how our actions can change someone's world. It really explores family dynamics and the thread that connects us.

The story follows Ed Kennedy, an underage cab driver who doesn't have too much of a future. When he stops a bank robbery and life changes. He starts receiving Aces in the mail, and Ed becomes the messenger. I don't want to give anything away but his journey really speaks to me because of how he changes and becomes a better person because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments, would love to hear your views....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...