Friday 17 January 2014

Review: The Nanshy Kabuki Brush

Hello ladies & gents, as you may know Gemma is off in the Far East enjoying herself & no doubt soaking up some sun (I am very jealous - I want to be in Thailand instead of battling this cold weather). So as Gemma is away she asked if I would like to do a guest post to keep you all company for a day, and of course I said yes. I blog over at teapartybeauty.com which is mainly beauty & lifestyle posts with a little bit of humour thrown in (I think)... Without further ado here is my attempt at a post :)


The Nanshy Kabuki is so super soft. I mean stroking your face with the brush constantly soft. Not even with any makeup on it, like a weirdo with a makeup brush fetish. I really didn't want to take this brush for a test run as I didn't want to spoil how pretty it looked (maybe not so pretty in my poor excuse for a picture) or ruin its softness. But trial it I did. I can confirm its now not as pretty & new looking as it was, but it's still just as soft. 
 
As I've said countless times before (on my blog & twitter) I have used the Nanshy foundation brushes & adore them, and more recently the amazing new Eye Brush Set (review here). They are my favourite brushes by a long mile. Therefore I had high expectations for this bad boy, and I was not let down at all. 
 
The Nanshy Kabuki Brush comes in 2 colours, white & pink or black & grey. Both look equally as gorgeous & soft. I opted for the pink & white as it matches my pink Nanshy makeup blender & my White foundation & eye brushes, and I'm nothing if not a matcher. I mean just look how pretty it is.
 
I tried to take a close up of the bristles to show just how fine they are & how many, but my shoddy iPhone is just not up to the job of doing this little beauty any justice. Damn you Apple. Pass me a Samsung. Now. 
 
Anyway, technology rant over & back to the brush at hand. I am in love with this brush. It's the perfect size to cover all areas, not too big that it can't get in the crevices of your face, leaving you with unsightly patches, and small enough to fit in your makeup bag. See, perfect. 
 
The bristles are synthetic, which makes them animal friendly, cruelty free & PETA approved. And not to mention not at all scratchy. This also makes them incredibly easy to wash, taking back their original shape once dry & not taking half a week to dry either. I haven't noticed any shedding or fall out either. I think they are practicing brush magic over Nanshy HQ. 
 
Seriously I cannot rave about Nanshy enough, not just this Kabuki brush but also their foundation brushes, eye brushes & blender sponges. Again, they have hit the nail on the head & I am hooked. I cannot wait to see where this brand goes next & see what other little treasures they have waiting for us all to discover.
 
Have you ever tried anything from Nanshy before?

post signature

5 comments:

  1. This looks utterly gorgeous! I can only imagine how amazing this would be to buff powder on to set my make-up, Lovely review!

    Jamie-Lee | Glitter Infatuation | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This brush is gorgeous! looks so soft I haven't tried any of their brushes I may have too now!

    lots of love,
    Laura x
    www.teaseflutterpout.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very pretty brush. This seems like a great product to try out. I have heard so much about this brush which made me decided to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One thing I learned in 2013 was to use quality brushes, as it makes so much difference to the finished look. These look gorgeous - I love the colour! Over from the #lblogger chat on twitter - love your blog!
    Love Vicky
    http://aroundandupsidedown.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've tried a couple brushes from Nanshy and they're great quality! I've never tried this one before but the color of it is just adorable, it'd definitely stand out from the collection of black and white bristles I have :P x

    Daphne | subgenre of a dream | bloglovin | youtube

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments, would love to hear your views....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...