Friday 28 March 2014

The Aloe Vera Dream Team


 
Lately my face has been a bit of a nightmare, it is a mass of contradictions! It can be terrible dry and then all of a sudden really greasy and spot central. I also get eczema on my cheeks, so finding skin products that work has been interesting!
I’ve been trying to use more natural products and Aloe Vera is top of my list, I even have purchased a plant! Aloe Vera has been used for a host of purposes since the ancient Egyptians called it the ‘plant of immortality’. Its leaves produce a clear gel that when broken off from the rest of the plant that can be applied topically to heal wounds and soothe. Or in my case sort out the burns I regular acquire from the kitchen and my dodgy cooking skills!
Aloe Vera works on various skin issues and ticked a few of the boxes on what I want in a skin product. It moisturizes the skin without giving it a greasy feel, so it`s perfect for anyone with an oily skin complexion. It also treats acne as it contains two hormones: Auxin and Gibberellins (get me being all scientific!). These two hormones provide wound healing and anti-inflammatory properties that reduce skin inflammation. Giberellin in Aloe Vera acts as a growth hormone stimulating the growth of new cells. It allows the skin to heal quickly and naturally with minimal scarring. As an added bonus it Aloe Vera also contains beta carotene, vitamin C and E which are all antioxidants that can help improve the skin's natural firmness and keep the skin hydrated.

The first product I want to tell you about is one that someone suggested trying, The Body Shops Calming Facial Cleanser for sensitive skin. After washing my face I apply the cleanser to cotton wool pads and gently swipe across my face to remove any make up and grime. This product has been amazing! My skin has not reacted at all and feels so clean and fresh after use.
The second product in my Aloe Vera dream team is JASON Aloe Vera Pure Natural Moisturising Gel which I came across on lookfabtastic.com. As I’ve already mentioned Aloe Vera is amazing for healing skin and I thought it might help with the acne scarring I have on my chin. I love this stuff! It’s a gel so goes on a little gooey but it works wonders and is quick to sink into your skin. My scarring is definitely less noticeable, my skin is so much softer and my pores have reduced!
I’d really recommend both of these products as they have made such a difference to my skin! I’m one happy lady!


4 comments:

  1. Love your skin care routine...I also use the fresh aloe vera.. Its super awesome for the skin...
    Loved your blog dear :)

    Would you like to check my blog?
    www.beautynbuzz.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Body shop products for any problem skin they are great and their face pads xxxx


    www.jesscaedmunds.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love aloe vera, I got a few pots of pure gel when I was in India stupidly cheap, its so expensive here! I've not tried products with aloe vera in though, might try the body shop one :) where did you get the plant from? Xx
    www.touchscreensandbeautyqueens.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it a while back, think it was in the garden section in B&Q! Oooh you've been to India! Would love to go there one day xx

      Delete

Please leave comments, would love to hear your views....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...