Tuesday 22 October 2013

Book Club: Izzy's Cold Feet by Sarah Louise Smith

 
The gorgeous Sarah Louise Smith was kind enough to send me a copy of her latest book ‘Izzy's Cold Feet’ back in the summer, and I must send her a massive apology for not reviewing it sooner. Due to being super busy at work and one cold after the other I’ve been a bit disorganised and not had much free time. However being a massive fan of Sarah’s first book ‘Amy & Zach’, you can see my review here, I knew I wouldn’t be disappointed with this read!
The Blurb
One bride to be, three ex-boyfriends.

Izzy is engaged to Greg, who is everything a girl could want.

The trouble is – all she can think about is the men she loved before she met him: sexy Ewan, the first love of her life; dependable Jason, who loved her more than she deserved; and irresistible Dexter, who broke her heart...

Then there's the fact that her sister has been missing since Izzy was twelve. After such a traumatic childhood, all Izzy wants is a normal, happy, settled life, but love is never simple.

In the week leading up to her wedding day, Izzy is forced to ask herself who she loves the most. And, given the choice, who would she want to spend her life with?
The Review
Have you ever thought about your ex’s and done the whole ‘what if....’ ? I think most of us have done at some point, and if so I suggest you read this book!
At first I didn't warm to the character of Izzy who is about to get married but has cold feet and starts to remember her past boyfriends. However as the story unfolds I eventually I did and I couldn’t put the book down!
At times I wanted to shake Izzy but you can also relate to her mistakes and terrible choices. Then in the next moment I felt sorry for her because she has huge dilemmas and a lot to get sorted in her head and in her heart. Izzy is really relatable as I think we all have self doubts and question ourselves.

The plot is great and really well thought out, Sarah has a talent for playing with the time line so you jump around from past to present. This way of storytelling can sometimes grate on me and make it hard to follow, but Sarah has done it seamlessly.
There is also an under plot involving Izzy’s missing sister, which added depth and emotion as well as  plot twists that I really didn't expect.

The ending was well structured and perfect, all the questions were answered and loose ends tied up. Luckily Izzy went for the man I was championing for!

Sarah has demonstrated yet again that she has a knack for seamlessly drawing together the past and present and creating authentic, imperfect heroines you adore and can relate to. I can’t wait to see what Sarah comes up with next! I am secretly hooping she will do a follow up to Amy & Zach, I want to see what happens next for those characters!
I was also lucky enough to interview Sarah a few months ago, you can find the Q&A here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments, would love to hear your views....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...