Friday 4 October 2013

BOOK CLUB TAKEOVER: Ffion from 'ThePoorGirlsGuide’


Hi, my name is Ffion, I am a Welsh speaker from South Wales. I am an AS Psychology, Sociology and Business student. My blog is called ‘ThePoorGirlsGuide’ It’s not really a blog about being poor, it’s a blog that every young girl can relate to, not having enough money to buy those new pair of shoes you saw in Topshop or that new dress in New Look. I write personal and lifestyle posts that I think my readers  can relate to. I have also recently started to put some self help posts up for those of you in college or thinking of college next year I think they could help you out. I am as interactive with my readers as I can be and you can follow me on Instagram and Twitter; @FfionGinge and for enquires please e-mail me at ffiongdavies@gmail.com. Blog; ThePoorGirlsGuideTo.Blogspot.com


The Blurb
How I Live Now is the powerful and engaging story of Daisy, the precocious New Yorker and her English cousin Edmond, torn apart as war breaks out in London of a not-so-distant future, from the multi award-winning Meg Rosoff. How I Live Now has been adapted for the big screen by Kevin Macdonald, starring Saoirse Ronan as Daisy and releases in 2013.
Fifteen-year-old Daisy thinks she knows all about love. Her mother died giving birth to her, and now her dad has sent her away for the summer, to live in the English countryside with cousins she’s never even met.
There she’ll discover what real love is: something violent, mysterious and wonderful. There her world will be turned upside down and a perfect summer will explode into a million bewildering pieces.
How will Daisy live then?
The Review
This has always been my favourite book, from when I read it some 3 or 4 years ago. It’s stuck with me, it’s been one of the only books I could ever re-read and I think it’s suitable for anyone aged 14+ I think even my mum would enjoy it! This book has everything mystery, romance, violence, it’s such a good read you’ll never want to put it down. The story is about a Girl called Dasiy who moves to England to live with her cousins where she develops a special bond with one of her cousins Edmond. Without giving too much away (because I want you to read and love this book as much as me) It’s a rollercoaster ride, when the family is torn apart by war and sent to live apart, do they ever meet again? READ IT, I can’t stress enough how exciting this book is, other than to say even someone who hates reading would love this! But read it soon as it’s been adapted into a film that’s coming out on the 4th of October in the UK and as we all know, the film is almost never as good as the book!
 
Thank you to Gemma for letting me share my favourite book with you!

 

2 comments:

  1. How I live now sounds like a great book :)

    Kimberley x

    Www.kimberleysbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great book and I think anyone over the age of 14/15 would enjoy it, even my mum! It caters to all ages and is an excellent read!
      Thanks for your comment Kimberley!
      Ffion x

      Delete

Please leave comments, would love to hear your views....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...