Sunday 20 October 2013

The Perfect Rainy Sunday Afternoon*

 

I don’t know what the weather is like where you all are, but it’s been chucking it down most of the day and is pretty grey and dark outside. Therefore after a lovely early lunch and catch up at a local pub with two of my best friends, some may wonder what to fill the rest of their day with when the weather is only good for ducks. However I absolutely love a rainy Sunday as it means I can be a bit self indulgent! So I was a bit excited to get home and get my onesie on!
My favourite thing for a day like today, is to get super comfy on the sofa and have a Disney DVD session. I love pretty much all Disney films, the top ones for me are Mulan, The Little Mermaid, Pocahontas... who am I kidding, I love all the classics! I have a worry thought that Disney has set my romance expectations so high and that’s possible the reason why I am still single! These movies make me feel all warm inside and are perfect for a lazy Sunday afternoon.
To accompany a DVD session, it is all about picking the perfect snacks! My ultimate comfort food is Ben & Jerry’s Cookie Dough Ice Cream, I have been known to eat a whole large tub in one setting, hence why I only buy the smaller tubs now!
Of course, popcorn is a must! Whenever I go to the cinema I go for ‘half and half’, half sweet and half salted popcorn. I LOVE it! I recently came across Darling Spuds ‘Darling Popcorn Sweet and Salty’ bags of popcorn, it’s so yummy! I really like the mix as I find having either sweet or salted I get a bit fed up of the taste. You can get this popcorn in small bags too, so if you’re like me and trying not to be too naughty it’s the perfect compromise for a nice treat! Definitely recommend them!
For my beverage, today I’ve gone for Cloudy Lemonade. I don’t tend to drink much fizzy pop so it’s a nice treat!
Finally, whilst I’m all snuggled on the sofa I give myself a bit of a manicure and paint my nails.
The Perfect afternoon! What do you guys do when the weathers not great? What do you do for a lazy afternoon?

 


6 comments:

  1. Ahhh this sounds great! I've watched Jungle Book and The Little Mermaid so far this week on windy evenings.... Can't go wrong with Disney :) Today though I had a bath, dried off and wrapped back up in bed with my new book and a block of Mint Chocolate! So lovely to have a treat once in a while!

    Charlotte - www.blotandreapply.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've pretty much done exactly the same! Films, nails, treats and getting snuggled up, perfect Sunday!

    Tweet Tweet x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like my perfect sunday too!! My favourite is definitely The Little Mermaid!!!

    www.chrissylilly.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like fun to me I love curling up on the sofa with a good book, comedy on the TV or some cross stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds lovely and relaxed!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Disney is absolutely the best way to spend a Sunday! Tangled always cheers me up, but I love them all!
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments, would love to hear your views....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...