So as you can probably guess I am a January baby, my birthday was a week ago now and for the record this year it was pretty lovely and I got to spend some quality time with my friends and family. However this isn’t always the case and a large part of me is pretty grumpy about having a birthday at this time of year! So for a bit of fun, here are 10 reasons why I think it sucks to have a birthday in January....
1. People actually give you Christmas presents that they received and didn’t want. How do I know this? They forget to remove the original gift tag!!
2. Presents arrive in left over Christmas wrapping paper.
3. No one wants to come out and party as they are too skint from Christmas and New Year.
4. If they do come out, they can only stay out for an hour/not eat/not drink as they are on a January detox which involves only eating green leaves and no alcohol. They then proceed to rub this in anyone’s face who is indulging, therefore ruining the party atmosphere.
5. The January blues have kicked in and everyone’s grumpy and in hibernation mode. Everyone’s tapped out emotionally and financially by this point.
6. When you were younger all you wanted was a birthday party involving a BBQ and a bouncy castle but it was always too cold (this is made more stressful by the fact my sister (June baby) and brother (august baby) could have my dream party! Kick in the teeth!)
7. Birthdays are just never a big deal. They have been completely over shadowed by the previous month.
8. "Oh, this is a Christmas and birthday present."
9. Or the flipside, some people from actually explain that you’ll have to wait to next month as they have no money. Err it’s not my birthday next month?!
10. Folks with January birthdays are usually pretty despondent about having a birthday at this time of year, we all feel pretty hard done by.
But then having a birthday in January means getting to go mad in the sales yourself, being able to add your Christmas and birthday money together to get that big pressie you wanted, finding out who your true friends are (the ones who will still come out and party) and the hideous January blues are postponed till February! So its swings and roundabouts my friends!