Friday 9 January 2015

30 before 30 update!


IT’S MY BIRTHDAY!!! Wahooooo! I’m 29! Which is actually a little depressing but hey ho! I’m not doing too much today, I do have the day off work but don’t have much planned! I am going to get my nails done this morning and then a meal later with some friends. I’m really looking forward to a relaxing, lazy day! Then tomorrow my brother is coming over to cook us all a meal, he is an amazing cook so I can’t wait to see what were going to be eating!

This also means that in exactly a year I shall be turning 30. THIRTY!!!!! As I’ve mentioned before this terrifies me for numerous reasons. I think this is partly due to the fact I think in my head I’m still 17, I certainly don’t feel mature enough to be nearly 30. 10 years ago if you asked me what I thought I would be doing ten years from now my reply would have been along the lines of ‘be in a job I love, own a house, married with babies’, damn you Disney for making me want the fairy tale! Instead of any of this I’m nearly 30 and live in my parents loft and am in a bit of a rut. I guess I also thought I would have achieved a lot more by now. Don’t me wrong I have no regrets, I don’t believe in them and have had the most awesome experiences, travelled to some incredible places so I really can’t complain. My life is pretty great I just need some changes and new challenges as I’m a bit lost at the moment.

I also better state for the record that I don’t think turning 30 is the end of the world, I fully intend to embrace it, I just feel like life has been a bit stagnant lately so want to insert some fun into my life and turn things up a notch.

So for all the reasons above 6 months ago I created a bucket list, a list of 30 things I would love to achieve before I turn 30. It’s a wide variety of things that I have wanted to do for a while but for whatever reason have been a lame ass and haven’t done yet. They are all things that I think will help me make the most of life and make me a better person and I though now would be a good time to give you a little update on how I’ve been getting on...

1.Start dating... my love life is drier than the Sahara desert, mainly due to the fact I don’t put myself out there. – My friends have staged an intervention here! That’s how lame I am about it! They have signed me up for plenty of fish, and are refusing to give me the password! God help me! I shall let you know what happens!

2.Go indoor skydiving

3.Cook one dish a week from scratch... I live off toast at the mo.... I am now on a bridesmaid diet ready for my friend’s wedding in November, so I’m back on weight watchers so cooking again so this one is slowly being ticked off!

4.Say yes more! To any opportunities that come my way. – This is an ongoing one and I think I’ve been embracing it pretty well! It’s a great way to put myself out there more!

5.Learn to long board – I have a long board and am working on it! I am a giant wimp and keep jumping off before I think I’m going to fall off! I have zero sense of balance so it’s been fun!

6.Try a roller derby

7.Visit Disney World in Florida

8.Start a ‘grateful’ diary and record 3 things I am happy for every day. – I have started this from the 1st January and am enjoying doing it! It’s a nice way to positively reflect!

9.Buy a house

10.Try Paddle boarding.

11.Start a successful Etsy Shop – I’ve started this one already but my aim is to make it successful!

12.Write a book – I’ve started writing and I love it, just wish there was hours in a day so I could get more done!

13.Live abroad for a month – I have booked a month of work next November!! I am going to Australia for a friend’s wedding and am thinking of spending 2 weeks there and then 2 weeks somewhere like Bali – it’s still all in the planning stage! But a month abroad is happening! Whoop!

14.Get down to a clothing size 12 – okay so this week I’ve signed back up to weight watchers, and I’ve joined a fitness boot camp, I am a girl on a mission!!

15.Run a 10k – I’ve signed up to do a 10k muddy runner in the summer and a 4km colour run in April – this is the year I am going to get fit!

16.Do a painting on a canvas – I have bought a canvas and some neon acrylic paints!! I can’t wait to have a play with them. If it looks half decent I might even share the final painting here!

17.Go to a music festival – it’s all booked and paid for!!! I am going to a small festival called Blissfield’s this summer for a friends hen do! I am ridiculously excited about this!!

18.Visit Machu Piccu

19.Fall in love and be loved – see no1

20.See the northern lights

21.Visit Ireland

22.Try Wakeboarding

23.Start an art class

24.Learn to Surf

25.Learn another language

26.Learn the ukulele – there is a local Ukulele group that meet in the local pub, I’ve been to a few sessions now! I am really bad at learning to play but its good fun! I’ve learnt I am just not musical!

27.Figure out some sort of career path and be happy with whatever it may be.

28.Make a drift wood coffee table

29.Read one book every month – I’m on it with this one and really enjoying it! It’s nice to have a bit of me time with a good book and a glass of wine!

30.Go to New Zealand


I am so happy with what I’ve achieved so far in the last 6 months and can’t wait to see how many more I can tick off over the next year! I don’t know if I can or if funds will allow me to achieve all of these but I am definitely going to try my hardest to make this all happen! I will try and do a few blogs to keep you in the loop as I go along with this journey. Wish me luck!!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday and good luck with your bucket list. I hear you on the time front I always feel like there's not enough hours in the day too!
    Rosy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! Wow your list is full of cool stuff, very ambitious. Good luck with it.

    In terms of #1, I found OK Cupid to be the best dating website (and it's free - bonus). It took me a while, mainly because I hate dating, but I had quite a few decent dates and ended up meeting the guy I'm now madly in love with and living with. The site gets you to answer tons of questions, as well as the usual profile, so you can see how well matched you are to people on all sorts of criteria (for instance, I used the questions to filter anyone who expressed racist, homophobic or sexist views: you wouldn't think people would dare put stuff like that on a dating site but yep, they do!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday :) Your bucket list looks awesome (I'm a huge fan of bucket lists ) good luck with it and I hope your 29th year is amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday lovely!!! Hope you have a nice dinner tomorrow!
    Your list is great, I really like what you want to achieve. And I love the idea of a driftwood table.x
    Has your Glitterati arrived yet? WHERE IS MINE!?!?!?!?!?!??!x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, what a great list!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments, would love to hear your views....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...