Wednesday 8 April 2015

MAC Haul and Face of the Day!


Before I begin today’s post I just wanted to point out something that made me giggle. Recently I spotted someone complaining on twitter that they hated when bloggers wrote ‘Haul’ posts as a haul actually means a load of stolen goods! This made me laugh out loud as I hadn’t thought of it in this way and now feel I need to put some form of disclaimer in front of any haul post! Although I would like to point out to that moaning Minnie on twitter that a haul also means ‘a large number’ which is the way I am using it today or pulling something heavy! So dear twitter moaner, please don’t be so pedantic!

A few weeks ago I was given a voucher for House of Fraser for writing this post, if you know me well, you know my first thought was going to be along the lines of oooh which makeup brand shall I spend this on?! Yep I’m kind of a predictable beauty blogger in that respect! My beloved Benefit Hello Flawless foundation was running out and I needed some more, but a few weeks prior to this when I was last in London I had spent a good hour in the MAC store in Covent Garden and was recommended a good Foundation that I decided would be the replacement. So as luck would have it you can buy MAC products on the House of Fraser website so I decided to treat myself using the voucher to a couple of pieces.



So first as already mentioned I purchased some MAC Mineralize Moisture SPF 15 Foundation in shade NW18. Ive never really been fussed by MAC foundations before as always find them super heavy and thick which is not something I like at all. I like my foundations to be super light and natural looking, so I was pleasantly surprised when I was introduced to this one in the shop. It’s exactly the type of foundation I like and is a perfect match to my skin tone and as an added bonus it actually stays put all day long! For £28 it is ridiculously expensive and if I didn’t have a voucher I don’t know if I would have paid for it but I have been seriously impressed with it so far and you only need a small amount so I think it is going to last me quite a while.

Next was a repurchase of my favourite eye shadow of all time the MAC Eye Shadow in Satin Taupe Frost. It’s a gorgeous brown shimmer with a purple tone, it’s a really warm shade that suits my skin tone. I have spent many hours trying to find a cheaper alternative to this but I have found nothing that matches its good pigmentation and how long is stays put. I can’t live without this shade and for £13 it’s not cheap but its well worth every penny!

If you pop by this blog often enough you will know I’m a sucker for a bright pop of pink lipstick, so my final MAC purchase is a little out of character for me! The last item I bought is a MAC Mineralize Rich Lipstick in Splurge for £20, if I didn’t have a voucher there is no way I could justify that much money on a lipstick!! Splurge is a deep purple pinky shade and looks a bit vampy, it’s not a colour id usually go for but I really do love it! Oh and as an added bonus it is super moisturising and stays put for hours!!

I put all my new products to the test last Saturday when I went for dinner with a few girlfriends....


FACE: The Balm Cosmetics Time Balm Face Primer, MAC Mineralize Moisture SPF 15 Foundation in NW18
EYES: MAC Eye Shadow in Satin Taupe Frost, Rimmel London Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer in Noir, Benefit They’re Real Mascara
CHEEKS: Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Rose
LIPS:  MAC Mineralize Rich Lipstick in Splurge

What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. You look pretty with all the products on. I like your honesty about the prices, most beauty bloggers would skirt around the issue and say it is definitely worth it etc etc . Are you wearing a Bowtie? There's a Matt Smith vibe about this outfit!x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments, would love to hear your views....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...