Sunday 19 April 2015

My ABC's of Travel

I’ve seen this tag / prompt post around blogland for a little while, I have a slight addiction to reading travel blogs and posts and always feel my wanderlust kick when I’m browsing others posts and stories. So I thought I would have a go at this one myself, here is my A-Z of travel...


New York

A // Age you went on your first international trip?

I was about 10 and my dad took me, my brother and sister and a friend to Tenerife for a week and they had the worst weather in 20 years whilst we were out there! I just remember there being a ton of rain!
B // Best foreign beer you’ve had and where?

Demi peche which is French beer with a shot of peach flavoured syrup was probably my favourite drink whilst doing a ski season in France! I also loved Chang, a Thai beer which was drunk cold on the beach in Thailand, it was perfect!
C // Cuisine. Favourite?

Probably Thai, as I love all the flavours and spices. But Italian has to be a close second!
D // Destinations. Favourite and least favourite? Why?
Favourite: Canada! I did a ski season there a few years ago and it was just incredible! I loved living in the mountains and the people are just so lovely and genuine, and their way of life is just so much more relaxed.
Least favourite: I’m not sure I have a least favourite?! I think I’ve been really lucky and had tons of amazing travelling experiences.


Egypt

E // Event you’ve experienced abroad that made you say “WOW!”?

New Years Eve in Bangkok was just incredible! I am not sure I’ll ever experience a new year’s like that again! It was electric, such a great atmosphere and so many things happening!
F // Favourite mode of transportation?
Flying as it means I’m heading somewhere exciting!
G // Greatest feeling while travelling?
The excitement of new things and the freedom to explore, I always come home feeling so much more relaxed and happier. There’s nothing better that the feelings you experience whilst travelling.
H // Hottest place you’ve ever travelled to?
Egypt, it was in the mid 40’s every day. When you stepped out of your air conditioned hotel room it was like stepping into a sauna! It was such an intense heat.


Ao Nang, Thailand
I // Incredible service you’ve experienced and where?
Probably when I stayed in a lovely hotel resort in Egypt that I can’t for the life of me think of the name of now! Everyone was so helpful and kind, making it a great holiday.
J // Journey that took the longest?
Probably Australia in terms of travelling time, however when I went to Thailand the journey out there took ages as we ended up spending 10 hours in the airport in Delhi which really isn’t the nicest of airports!
K // Keepsake from your travels?
Definitely my memories! I don’t really tend to pick up keepsakes but the memories I have of my travels so far are incredible!
L // Let-down sight. Where and why?
The Eiffel Tower – so much smaller in real life!
M // Moment where you fell in love with travelling?
I went on a college trip to New York when I was 17 and I was so in awe of the magic of the city and the freedom of travelling. I also think doing a few ski seasons round the world also helped as I met so many amazing people from around the world and it just spurred on my wanderlust!
N // Nicest hotel you’ve ever stayed in?
Probably The Hilton Hyde Park a good few years ago now, it was a beautiful hotel and was a fantastic stay.
O // Obsession. What are you obsessed with taking photos of while travelling?
For a blogger I am shockingly bad at taking photographs even whilst travelling! I have the best intentions, I take my camera most places but always forget I have it on me! I’m lucky I have a lot of snap happy friends!
P // Passport stamps. How many and from where?
I have literally just got a new passport which is completely empty at the moment and I can’t wait to fill it! My old one had many stamps in from Australia, Canada, USA, Egypt, Tunisia, Malaysia and Thailand to name a few!


Thailand
Q // Quirkiest attraction you’ve visited and where?
Probably Popeye world in Malta! It’s basically the set of where they filmed the film of Popeye and it was a bizarre and very cheesy place!
R // Really frightening. One place you’ve visited where you felt unsafe or uneasy?
I have been very lucky in that I’ve not really been anywhere that I’ve felt unsafe or uneasy but I’m sure one day that will come.
S // Splurge. Something you have no problem spending money on while travelling?
Experiences, I think if you’re somewhere you may not visit again you need to make the most of it!
T // Touristy thing you’ve done?
Tons! I think you have to do the touristy things as they are usually well known for a reason! However it’s also fun to go off the beaten track once and a while!
U // Unforgettable travel memory?
Way too many to recall! I have amazing memories from most of the places I’ve visited and I feel so ridiculously lucky for that!
V // Visas. How many and for where?
Thailand, New York, Canada and Australia!


Thailand
W // Wine. Best glass while travelling?
This question is wasted on me! I’m not really a wine drinker! Give me a beer or a cider and I’m happy as Larry! Not very lady like am I!
X // excellent view and where from?
There are way too many to mention! The coast of Australia gave me some incredible views, the Rockies in Canada were breathtaking, and standing at the top of the empire state building in New York was amazing...
Y // Years spent travelling?
I have been an on and off traveller over the years! I’ve spent 6 months in Canada, a month in France, 3 months in Australia, a month in Thailand. I have been on lots of weeklong holidays too.
Z // Zealous sports fans and where?
When I was living in Canada we used to go and see the local Ice Hockey team play every week and the fans were absolutely bonkers! They would throw live chickens on the ice or start fights with the players, they were beyond passionate but it was always a great night and usually a fab game to cheer on!

What are your ABC’s of travel? Write your own and leave me a link to your post in the comments. I’d love to read your travel experiences!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You've travelled to some truly amazing places - I am so jealous and have serious wanderlust right now xxx

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh I love travelling! This is a fab idea - I might do my own ABC's of travelling!
    Becky xx // GeekGetsGlam: Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments, would love to hear your views....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...