I was umming and aaaahing about what to get my friend Amy for her birthday. I am super skint at the moment, so figured I could make her something, hoping she would think the thought was sweet even if the gift turns out rubbish!
So for inspiration I turned to pinterest. Yes I know it’s loved by bored housewives around the world. I can assure you that I don’t fit in that category, but I think it appeals to my love of lists, does that make sense?! I’m sure if you’ve ventured over to pinterest you will have seen the printing photos onto wood pin that appears a lot. Well I decided to take this idea a step further and make a photo trinket box.
A wooden box
A few paint brushes
A printed photo onto normal paper
A clean cloth
White gloss paint
What to do...
1. Paint the area you want to place your photo in Gel Medium.
2. Stick your photo face down onto this area, making sure it’s really flat with no air bubbles.
3. Leave to dry over night.
4. When it’s completely dry, remove the paper very gently by rubbing it with a clean damp cloth. Making sure you remove any paper residue left at the end.
5. When all residue has gone, paint over the photo with Mod Podge and leave to dry for 24 hours.
6. At this point you may be happy with your trinket box as it is but I decided I wanted to paint the rest of the box white, which I did using a quick dry white gloss paint.
7. When dry I added a second coat. When dry you have a gorgeous photo printed trinket box to keep for yourself or it makes a gorgeous gift!