Monday 6 May 2013

FOTD & OOTD: My Saturday Night Look

Apologies for the lack of posts of late, I haven’t had any internet at home for about a week which has been a massive pain. You don’t realise how much you use the internet for until you don’t have it! Turning it into a positive, it has also given me a nice little break from the blogging world, so I am now feeling more refreshed and raring to go! Lots of new blogging ideas I’m feeling really excited about, so make sure to keep popping back to take a look!
 
So here is something new from me... A face of the day and Outfit of the day post. There are two reasons why I’ve not done either of these before, firstly for a beauty blogger I am a bit lame and stick to what I know. I kind of vary between work wear makeup and an evening look. I will post my work wear makeup look soon so you can see what I mean! Secondly, for an outfit out the day, I can be seriously self conscious about how I look. You see a lot of bloggers who post these types of things and they are Tiny, tall and stunning. They also sport really cool looks, ones I would love to pull off but not sure I ever could! Anyways, I have recently lost a stone (still many to go) I’ve been working out loads and feeling really good about myself, I’ve also been reading amazing blogs like The Militant Blogger who are just so body inspiring. Therefore I am going to post what I wore Saturday Night.
I had an awesome night out with two of my closest friends, it was full of laughs, lots of dancing and way too many drinks. Hence why this post is a day later than I was hoping! Let’s just say I was feeling a little more than sorry for myself yesterday! I don’t think it helped that I had been feeling a bit under the weather with the flu most of last week and had little to eat on Saturday beforehand, at least that’s what I’m blaming it on. Anyway you live and learn!
So my make up! I love a smoky eye look and a bright lip for a night out. Here are the products I used:

FACE: MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NC15, Benefit You Rebel, Benefit Fake Up in 01 Light
EYES: Topshop Eyes in Mercury, Barry M Fine Glitter Dust in Silver, Topshop in Precision Eyeliner, MAC Gel Eyeliner in Blacktrack, Benefit They’re Real Mascara
CHEEKS: The Bodyshop Bronzer in Warm Glow
LIPS:  Rimmel London’s Apocalips in Stellar

 I am a huge fan of anything glitter! I added glitter to this look as I was feeling a bit poorly still and knew it would cheer me up! Glitter makes everything seem better!

For my outfit, as I was still feeling a little under the weather I went for comfortable. My friends all love wearing dresses on a night out, but with my chicken drum stick legs I get a little self conscious. Therefore I went for black skinny jeans and a top I bought in Miss Selfridges when I was in Manchester over Exeter. I love the top as it’s a dark peach colour with stunning beaded straps. I dressed the outfit up a bit with a pretty necklace, and my favourite pair of going out shoes. They have a gold glitter wedge and are the only heels I can wear all night as they are so comfortable!
Top: Miss Selfridges
Black Skinny Jeans: Next
Shoes: New Look
Necklace: New Look

Apologies for the poor quality photos! Hope you can still get the gist of my look, my camera completely died on me and I’m limited to my iphone at the moment. It can take fab photos but when there is not much light it’s not great! I hope you all like this post and have had a fab bank holiday weekend!


2 comments:

  1. Lovely makeup hun and the shoes are gorgeous!
    I have a GIVEAWAY running if would like to enter 2 days left.

    pocockins.blogspot.co.uk
    Sophie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely!

      I will take a look at your blog tomorrow :) xx

      Delete

Please leave comments, would love to hear your views....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...