Friday 16 August 2013

BOOK CLUB TAKEOVER: Rachel from 'Spacebound'

Here are my thoughts… I LOVE hearing other people’s views and reviews on pretty much anything especially books! Some of my favourite reads are ones that have been suggested by other people. So thinking along those lines,’ The Book Club Takeover’ was born! Hopefully each week I will bring to you a post from one of my lovely and amazing fellow bloggers who will in turn share with you what their favourite book is, why they love it and a review. I hope you enjoy this feature as much as I do!

Hi! I'm Rachel from spaceboundblogs.blogspot.co.uk and I'm here to tell you a little about a recent book that I've fallen in love with. 
 
Firstly, for all of you know don't know me, I'm a 16 year old Irish girl who has blogging for nearly a year about fashion, beauty, books and every other little aspect of my daily adventures. Tea, cats and cosy nights in bed are a favourite of mine. I have always been a book enthusiast. I completely love reading and my bookshelf never stops growing uncontrollably. However, once I pick up a new book, I cannot put it down until I've read the last page.



I've read many post-apocalypse books (The Hunger Games, The Delirium Series and The Divergent series) so when I heard that there was this Maze Runner series out, I was pretty interested. However I became disheartened when I was told they were quite guy-ish novels. Then one day on twitter, a fellow blogger expressed how much she had enjoyed the book so as you can guess, I was in Waterstones as fast as lightening to pick myself up a copy. And believe me, the book did not disappoint!
 
The novels are wrote from a teenage boy, called Thomas, point of view. One day he arrives in a box to a strange place called the Glade, with no memories of what he is doing there, what has happened or what his second name even is. He is throw into a world filled with other boys around his age and quickly learns that he has arrived at an encampment situated in the centre of a maze. With strange events occurring, Thomas finds himself stuck in the middle of everything. The novel explores fear, frustration, friendship, sorrow and hope. James Dashner brilliantly designs a world that you can only imagine, one with so many strange twists and an unforgettable plot, you will be racing to the end. 
 
To whoever said it was a guy book, you stand corrected as I loved every second of it. You become attached to the friendships and feel the frustration first hand. It is very hard not to become wrapped up in the world that's created between the pages.  It is actually a first for me as I've never read a book from the males point of view, yet I can not flaw it. 
 
If you enjoyed The Hunger Games or any book set in a world with different rules, then I would highly recommend this novel. Or if you love a good adventure with many secrets that unfold, then go grab yourself a copy asap. I personally can not wait to get my hands on the next book in the series! 
 
I hope you've enjoyed my review and are tempted to dive in. Also a big thanks to Gemma for inviting me to post in her Book Club section on her lovely blog! If you want to check out any more of my ramblings head over to spaceboundblogs.blogspot.co.uk or drop me a tweet at @Spaceboundblog x x

1 comment:

  1. I liked the idea of this book so started reading it but got bored really quickly :(

    www.thelondonbookblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments, would love to hear your views....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...