Friday 1 November 2013

BOOK CLUB TAKEOVER: Meg from 'Wait Im Confused'

Here are my thoughts… I LOVE hearing other people’s views and reviews on pretty much anything especially books! Some of my favourite reads are ones that have been suggested by other people. So thinking along those lines,’ The Book Club Takeover’ was born! Hopefully each week I will bring to you a post from one of my lovely and amazing fellow bloggers who will in turn share with you what their favourite book is, why they love it and a review. I hope you enjoy this feature as much as I do!



Hey everyone:D this is my face!


I'm meg all the way from over at waitimconfused.blogspot.com! And im happy to be writing this post on Gemma's blog as I love lipstick and lashes! Thanks Gem!

My blog is just a bundle of different things. I've only published 3 posts at the minute but I have a good feeling about it all! Id really love if you'd all read my blog but most of all that you enjoy it and can relate to me and I hope I can help you if you ever need advice! If you ever need to talk, feel free to get in touch at megatron260396@gmail.com and I'll reply instantly!
 
I'm just a 17 year old student,studying sociology, english and health and social at nantgarw college, trying to find her way through problems and more problems! And between my humour and pointless coversation and ideas I hope to provide advice and to be a friend to you all!
 
Now for my review!
 
The Cellar

The synopsis:
 
When sixteen-year-old Summer Robinson goes missing one night, her family, friends and boyfriend are devastated. Nothing ever happens in Long Thorpe, so the disappearance of a school girl shocks the whole community. The police waste no time in launching a search and investigation, but with nothing to go on and no trace of Summer, hopes of finding her quickly fade.
 
Colin Brown, is a thirty-two-year-old accountant, living alone after the death of his mother. He suffered a traumatic and abusive childhood, and is left with no sense of right or wrong. Desperate for the perfect family, Colin, referring to himself as Clover, uses drastic and sinister measures to get what he wants.
 
I hope that pulled you in because the synopsis caught me! My boyfriend told me about this book and I was intrigued and what made me even more intrigued is the fact its free on an app called wattpad which is also a free app!


 
I couldnt put it down and finished it within two days between my boyfriend nagging at me! I've recommended this book to a few friends and they've all loved it and my boyfriend loved it to which is why he made sure I read it too! 
 
The thing is with this book its not published, it is going to be published but due to this it's not perfect in editing terms but she always adds a nice hello at the end of the chapter as each chapter was submitted over months but it's all finished and theres even a sequel available called You'll always be mine

 

I loved this book because I felt I was there with Summer, I felt she was part of me and I was suffering with her! The fact you could see the story from different point of view made it even more thrilling and really made it stand out. Although the story is twisted and sick thats what makes it amazing. The fact Lewis (her boyfriend) never gives up makes it even sadder! I really hope all of you read this book because you will all love it. Promise.
 
Thanks again to Gemma! And I hope you all take time to visit me at waitimconfused.blogspot.com or email me! I'd love to hear from you! 

X


5 comments:

  1. Great post I am definitely going to have to read these two books (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Well if you would ever like to take part and do a review for the book club let me know! xx

      Delete
  3. Such a brilliant idea! With the internet so prominent in our lives, I feel like a lot of us read less, but books are so valuable and should be celebrated more :D x

    janesjumbles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im a total book nerd! I love getting lost in a good story! xx

      Delete

Please leave comments, would love to hear your views....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...