Tuesday 11 February 2014

Thailand || New Years Eve in Bangkok



 











 
New Years Eve in Bangkok – what an experience! When we originally decided we would be spending it here. I was a little apprehensive but due to arriving in Thailand on the 30th, it seemed the easiest option. I kept having flashes of ‘The Hangover 2’ movie pop up in my head, so I’m pleased to say no one’s face (or anywhere else) got tattooed and I think it was one of the best New Years Eves I’ve ever had! It was just SO much fun!
We began our evening by going for dinner at a lovely outdoor restaurant round the corner from our hotel. I had a Pad Thai and it was mouth wateringly good! We followed this with a few cocktails at a street bar.
We then headed back to our hotel, The Dang Dern hotel, as it had a rooftop pool and bar and we were told at midnight The Grand Palace were having a fire work display and thought this would be a great spot for a fantastic view. We weren’t wrong! The fireworks were incredible and they were followed by hundreds of lanterns being let up into the air, it was such a beautiful sight and a magical way to welcome in 2014.
The party didn’t stop there! We befriended some crazy Canadians and as I said in my last post Koh San Road was party central and that night it hosted a giant street party, so guess where we headed?! There were hundreds of people there and the atmosphere was just electric! The rest of the night involved joining in with a break dancing display, trying scorpions (very crunchy and not that nice!) and tons of dancing and mojitos!
This was definitely one New Years I won’t forget!
p.s Apologies for the dodgy pics, turns out me plus alcohol plus a camera equals not great results!
 

3 comments:

  1. This looks amazing. I really want to go to Thailand and I bet New Years there would be even more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah this looks like such an experience! I bet it's so much fun seeing in the New Year in a different country!

    missisgoode.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a brilliant experience! Myself and my boyfriend are looking into Thailand for our holiday as something different and I love the idea of the place! Did you have a good time? Your photos look incredible, but I don't think I'll be trying scorpions at any time soon!

    Chloe at cornbreadorvelvet.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments, would love to hear your views....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...