Tuesday 18 February 2014

What you would pack for a weekend away?

I recently came across an awesome competition from Trek America in which you can win their ‘Westerner 2’ trip. Which involves visiting Los Angeles, Las Vegas, San Francisco, the Grand Canyon and Yosemite National Park. INCREDIBLE right?! The west coast has always been on my travelling wish list, especially San Francisco! When I saw that to enter the competition you need to write a blog post under the topic `What you would pack for a weekend away’. I was just about to head off on a weekend to Cornwall to stay with an old friend, I felt like it was fates way of saying I should enter so below is my piece for the competition!
 
So what do I pack when I head off on an adventure for a weekend? Well I am very much a last minute, throw it all in the bag and hope when I get there I have what I need kind of girl! This works well for me 99% of the time, there has been the odd occasion where I’ve had to borrow pj’s or buy a new toothbrush as in my rapid packing I’ve forgotten them! I also like to pack light, if you have to do a lot of lugging your bag around, you will be grateful for the less is more approach!! Your shoulders and arms will definitely thank you!
When I say that I’m a throw whatever in a bag type of packer, that doesn’t mean I don’t have some essential items I like to carry on any trip. Asides from pants and pj’s here is what I also like to make sure I have packed for a weekend away:
 
Okay, so as many of you who read this blog know I am a bit of a makeup junkie! However for weekends away and away trips or holidays I have a established a basic make up kit which is made up of these essentials made up of the above!
 
I love to write and this year I am on a mission to improve my photography skills, so also in the bag go my notebook, a few pens and my beloved DSLR camera.
 
Next up is my Iphone, sad but true! It’s so handy for keeping up with the world. I am also a social media addict, and on weekend’s away Google maps has come in handy more than once with my sense of direction! Also there is my kindle, I am a complete book nerd!
 
A pair of converse trainers, the most comfy shoes I own and they always come away with me!
 
A pack of cards, an odd choice you may think? I always take a pack away with me and it’s come in very handy especially when you have an 8 hour stopover in an airport and it’s also a great way to meet people! I am a complete hustler when it comes to Shed, Rummy and Poker!
 
Finally everyone has a road trip/travelling sweet supply in their bag right?!

 
Finally I just wanted to share this photo I took this morning as I drove back from Penryn in Cornwall, to Dorset. As I came into my home county this was the gorgeous view I was blessed with, isn’t it nice to have sunshine today instead of rain!

8 comments:

  1. I pack FAR too much, even for short weekend visits :) It scares me to not have enough options, so my bag is typically overflowing with 3 cosmetic bags full of makeup and a good 5 outfits that I won't end up wearing. Boi-ing is always a must for me as well.

    xo, Liz
    www.casualconcern.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love love love percy pigs!100% the best suggestion Ive seen so far!I'll make sure I pack them next time :)

    www.letmetravelforever.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am terrible when it comes to packing... You make it look so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never thought to take a pack of cards with me to an airport before - great idea! I love a cheeky game of poker (not that kind of poker...at least not in an airport!!) so will definitely start taking some with me to break the time up a little. As for converse, great call!

    Steph x
    Lay It Bare

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this, you make it look so easy though! I'm such an over packer!
    Sophy xo|lashesandsplashes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Comfortable shoes (always a neglected area for me!) and percy pigs are all I feel I would need haha. Great post lovely!

    Jenn www.BarelyThereBeauty.com | UK Beauty Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments, would love to hear your views....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...