Tuesday 21 October 2014

OOTD: My Little Black Dress

 

I haven’t done an outfit post in so long! I wouldn’t class myself as a particularly on trend or a fasionista. Personally, and I know I sound old but I love being comfortable. I like wearing what makes me happy not what the magazines are telling me to wear, so sometimes I get it right and sometimes I get it massively wrong! Therefore I don’t think many people would be interested in seeing what I am wearing, however I wore this outfit at the weekend and was particularly pleased with it so I thought I would share it with you all!
So going back to the comfort thing… I love getting dressed up for a night out as much as the next girl but I can feel ridiculously self-conscious in a little dress, which means I don’t relax resulting in a bit of a blah kind of night. So I thought I would put a grungy spin on this little black dress. I paired it with a messy hair do and a denim shirt, which was from Primark a few years ago. This is so much more me! If I didn’t think my classy friends wouldn’t tell me off I would have added my DM boots to finish off the look, instead I went for my old and amazingly comfy black wedges from New Look, they have a good heels on them which is vital when your only 5ft2” yet super comfy being wedges!
The dress its self is a black bandeau number with gorgeous gemstones on the bodice. I LOVE it! It’s from Blue Vanilla and its ones of my favourite dresses. Although it’s quite revealing so I love the denim shirt over the top, it tones it down and I feel so comfy in it.
Do you like dressing up or are you more like me and like to add an edgier dressed down tone to an evening look?

4 comments:

  1. Oooh, it's a very nice dress!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like dressing like you, adding edgy jackets too fancy dresses. I love mixing styles!
    Zoe xx
    Zoessecretstyle.blogspot.co.il

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love dressing up, but also like to be comfortable too! Great outfit Gemma xxx

    Ami | perksofbeingami

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments, would love to hear your views....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...