Saturday 6 December 2014

Gift Ideas: The Book of Everyone

A couple of weeks ago I was asked if I’d like to review ‘The Book of Everyone’, a personalised book filled with fun facts that you can edit for the recipient. I’m not usually a huge fan of ‘personalised gifts’ as I think they can look a bit tacky, however when I heard the folks at ‘The Book of Everyone had teamed up with Age UK, a charity that’s close to my heart, this year so that with every book you buy it goes towards the “gifting” of a book for an elderly person who may not receive a gift, curiosity got the best of me! I love that buying this book will help to bring a smile to the face of someone elderly this Christmas, as I can be a pretty lonely time for some.

How does it work? You basically go to their website, enter the name and date of birth of the person you would like to create the book for and they create a fab personalised book for the recipient. It is filled with facts based around their birthday and has pages you can edit and make even more personal for that person.

I decided to create my book for my sister Hayley, I know she sometimes stops by here but I also know she’s super busy at the moment so hopefully doesn’t see this post before Santa comes! Hayley – if you are reading this, hello! Pretend you haven’t seen this! Love you! xx












Its ridiculously easy to use, the website takes you through page by page so you can see exactly what you will be receiving and its made clear all the bits you can edit yourself, from the back ground pics, the colour of the front cover to rewording bits to make them relevant to the receiver!

I was surprised at how awesome the graphics and art work. It’s really fun and modern and I’m so happy with the final product! ‘The Book of Everyone’ would make a fab gift this Christmas and only takes a few minutes to create! You can purchase it in various formats so it can be made to fit any budget from, Digital £7.50, Paperback £19.50, Hardback £29.50 and Deluxe £49.50.

I love that you can add personal touches of photos and quotes along the way, I had so much fun thinking of what I could add in!  Uniquely each person that receives the book gets an ant named in his or her honour, from The Book of Everyone’s ant farm where they are said to perform a special naming ceremony with honey and water! I am not joking!! I can’t wait for Hayley to receive this on the big day! 

5 comments:

  1. What a super idea!!!! The ant farm is genius!!! I'm amused as the next person in my GFC feed has also written about the Book of everyone!!!! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fantastic idea. I'm a huge fan if personalised gifts, I find they are the gift that so much effort and thought goes into. Its nice to see that this particular gift also helps a charity too x

    Kate | A British Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an awesome idea! This is one of the most interesting personalised gifts I've seen- so original!

    Seren x
    Terrible Thrills

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea! I know someone it'd be perfect for, for their birthday so thanks for recommending :)
    Maeve // Thrift O'Clock

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a lovely idea! I love a gift that feels more personalised than the average present and I can see it being one of those things you pull out and have a read of when you've had a rubbish day x

    Bridie | Upon My Sleeve

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments, would love to hear your views....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...