I’ve got lots of tiny jam jars and was wondering what to do with them for a while, until I thought they would make cute candle holders. Here is a step by step guide to how I did it
What to do...
1. I’ve got loads of old candles that are gathering dust so I chopped up the wax into small pieces.
2. Boil water in a saucepan, place another smaller saucepan into the water (use one you don’t mind getting wax on). Put the wax cubes into the smaller pan to melt.
3. Cut cord to length desired, add an extra inch (this will make sense later) and attach to sustainer disk. I purchased both of these items on eBay – cheap as chips!
4. Dip the cord and sustainer into the melted wax and then allow to dry. This helps to make cord straight and stay in place.
5. Warm up jar with warm water, this will help the wax stick to the sides of the jar and not lift.
6. Place the sustainer and cord into the jar. I used a glue dot to hold sustainer in place. Then wrap the other end of the cord around a pencil that will balance on top of the jar to make sure the cord stays straight
7. Pour wax slowly into the jars.
8. Allow to set over night.
I love these little candles and think they will make fab gifts for my friends. Let me know how you get on if you have at making some of these!