To my complete surprise Claire from Claire Does Beauty contacted me today to say she has nominated me for a Liebster Award. I’m really honoured that she would think of my blog, so massive thank you Claire! (If you haven’t already, go check out her blog!)
I have to admit as a relatively newbie to the blogging world I was a bit dubious about this so I had a little Google. By the look of things this award has been doing the rounds for a few years, and is kind of like a chain letter. This initially put me off but then I look up the meaning of Leibster. It’s a German word that means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
The idea is once you accept your award you have to nominate 11 of your favourite bloggers who have less than a certain amount of readers. The number seems to vary between 200 – 3000 followers, so I have decided to just ignore this part and nominate a few of my favourite bloggers that I would love others to check out. Blogger awards are also such a great way to learn more about your fellow bloggers so I knew I had to participate.
1) Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2) You must answer the 11 questions that the tagger as created for you.
3) You must create 11 of your own questions.
4) Choose 11 bloggers and link them in your post.
5) Go to their page and tell them.
11 Things About Me...
1. I am trying to teach myself Ukulele using You Tube videos, not that successful so far!!
2. I have a desperate need to travel but am useless at saving = vicious circle!
3. I failed my driving test 13 times before I finally managed to pass.
4. My guilty pleasure TV show is Keeping up with the Kardashians
5. If I don’t write things down I WILL forget it
6. I hate Mash Potato.
7. Huge fan of 80s films such as the goonies, lost boys etc
8. I can touch my nose with my tongue
9. I worry way too much about EVERYTHING!
10. The sun instantly makes me happy and rain instantly gets me down
11. I collect things with Dinosaurs on them
The questions I received from Claire...
1. What is your biggest achievement in life so far?
Ooooh this is a really hard one! I think my biggest achievement is that I’m happy and have no real complaints! I’m also a huge dreamer with lots of things I would like to achieve in the future, so watch this space!
2. If you could be anywhere in the world right now where would it be?
Anywhere tropical with plenty of sunshine, cocktails and my friends! Anyone else UK based fed up of this never ending winter?
3. What is the one thing you couldn't live without?
Tea and Toast!
4. Describe 5 words that best describes you?
Kind, caring, worrier, impulsive, dippy!
5. What is your signature scent? (If you have one)
Giorgio Armani Black Code
6. What would your dream job be?
A travel writer or a writer that travels... I would love to be a full time writer and travel round the world, my two favourite things.
7. What is your pet hate?
People who stand up your backside in queues, personal space do not invade!
8. Who is your favourite band or singer?
This varies completely on my mood and what’s happening, right now I am having a blast from the past with The Offspring album playing in my car. Reminds me of my teens and always gets me jumping around!
10. What inspired you to write your own blog?
It encompasses a few of my loves! I love writing, beauty products, being creative etc and it means I can focus on all these things in one place.
11. Who is you're role model?
My Mum. Cliché I know! She has MS and can be really poorly with it. Yet she still acts as a rock to us all, no matter how much pain she is in.
My questions for my lovely bloggers
1. What’s your one can’t live without product?
2. Favourite smell?
3. Who is your favourite author?
4. Something new that you learned recently?
5. If there was a zombie apocalypse and you had to hit the road to escape, what 3 things would you take with you?
6. If you were an animal what would you be?
7. What's your biggest fear?
8. Having a bad day, what’s the one thing guaranteed to put a smile on your face?
9. What’s your favourite joke?
10. List the three famous people you would snog, marry, and avoid.
11. Shoes or handbags?
The Bloggers I would love to nominate
1. Rosie at A Rosie Outlook
2. Callie at Student in Scotland
3. Daniela at Oh Ella Bella
4. Elsie and Emma at A beautiful Mess
5. Natasha at A Design Rookie
6. Laurina at One Year of Fashion Fasting
7. Lauren at Laurens Place 743
8. Becky at Becky Bedbug
9. Georgie at Style Princess Diaries
10. Rosa at What Rosa Wants
11. Jennifer at Art Style Love
Obviously you don't have to take part if I have tagged you, and if I haven't tagged you then please take part if you feel like it and post me the link to your post in the comment box below: